HotelPlanner, West Palm Beach (1/2011-Present)
Mobile/Web App Developer
- Published popular and highly-rated HotelPlanner app in Apple App Store, Google Play, and Amazon App Store
- Created app designs for phone and tablet formats
- Designed and developed Alexa skill and Google action
- Published HTML5 website pages for mobile phones
CopperCom, Boca Raton, FL (05/2007-12/2010)
Senior Software Engineer
- One of four engineers retained as skeleton crew to facilitate graceful shutdown of company.
- Coded and tested features across all embedded subsystems and several server modules.
Manager, Software Architecture and Design (5/2007-12/2007)
- Managed technical aspects of outsourced Development.
Nokia Networks, Boca Raton, FL (1/2007-5/2007)
Senior Software Engineer
- SIP Signaling, IMS, FMC, C++, Unix environment.
CopperCom, Boca Raton, FL (9/2000-12/2006)
Team Lead of the Callp and Signaling Team
- Responsible for embedded real-time telecom applications, including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, and integration test.
- Created object oriented C++ environment with heavy use of inheritance, writing tens of thousands of lines of well structured code in embedded real-time Call Processing and SIP signaling.
- Consistently led teams that prided themselves on fast delivery of high quality software, with minimal field issues.
- Implemented full Class 5 functionality into a tandem switch
- Played a leading role integrating Internet telephony into existing framework
- Proactively coordinated major feature design and development among all subsystems
- Collaborated closely with outsourcing team on major feature developmet
- Spent 3 weeks in Bangalore to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Delivered presentations to company
- Educated development on requirements and design across entire platform
Siemens Stromberg Carlson, Boca Raton, FL 1993-2000
Software Engineer (1993-2000)
- Designed and Implemented CallP, API, and redundancy software in Assembly code
- Performed requirement research and documentation for Systems Engineering Dept.
The Psych Team, Pembroke Pines, FL 1990-1993
Director of Computer Operations
- Managed computers and network, created reports, brochures, and books
- Worked 30 hours per week while attending college full-time
- Quality mobile app development
- Expertise with neural networks, genetic algorithms, data mining techniques, Bayesian nets, decision trees, pattern recognition, heuristic reasoning
- 25 years experience in realtime embedded application development.
- Proficient in Objective-C, JAVA, Swift, Kotlin, iOS and Android frameworks, Photoshop, C, C++
- Familiarity with Maya, VRML, three.js, Alexa skills, Google Dialogflow
- Current expertise with Unity animation and VR framework.
- Extremely self-motivated with the ability to inspire teammates to also strive for excellence.
- Track record of very high quality software and extraordinary teamwork.
- Passion for writing well-structured code and problem-solving.
- Superior writing skills
- Extraordinary record of acquiring and implementing new skills rapidly
- Objective C
- Unity SDK
- Vive SDK
- Neural Networks
- Genetic Algorithms
- Decision Trees
- Data Mining
- Bayesian Nets
- Voice User Interface
- GR303, MGCP, SIP
- IMS, VOIP
- Pocket Invoicer
- Estimate Maker
- Eye Train: Speed Reading
- Who’s Who: Remembering Names and Faces
- Rhythm ID iPhone App
- Puppy Dogs and Santa Claus and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Hotelplanner – iOS and Android
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Fau (with honors) 1993
- Masters of Computer Science, Fau 1995
- CCNA, 2005
- CCNP, 2006
- Attended VOIP Conference and workshops, 2006
- Doctorate of Computer Science, Nova Southeastern University (2012)
- Research area: machine-learning, artificial intelligence
- Research projects:
- neural networks for pattern recognition of images
- genetic algorithms for pattern matching of shapes
- kmeans clustering for data mining of images
- survey of SSL security issues
- Thesis: Evolving credible facial expressions using an interactive genetic algorithm, with neural networks as a predictive fitness function.